Hummingbird Noms....

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Have you heard of Hummingbird Bakery?

From top left - Lemon Meringue cupcake, Carrot Cupcake, Red Velvet Whoopie Pie, Giant cupcake cake.

Based in London, they make amazing cupcakes and pies and other yummy treats, and they also have a couple of books out. My boyfriend bought me their new book Cake Days when we were out last weekend. It's RRP £20, but WH Smith had it on offer for £10, bargain! 



I really like the way the recipes are arranged, into different holidays and celebrations, such as Mother's day, Easter, Halloween, Christmas etc, as well as other "anytime" sections such as "Rainy Day Treats". Though thats not to say you couldnt make a Christmas cupcake in April if you so wished! ;o)

The book has a mixure of cakes, cupcakes, whoopie pies, cheesecakes, pies and muffins, and even has a few savoury recipes in there.

I only took a couple of pics from inside..

Mini Mojito Cupcakes - I think these would be so cute for a (adult) birthday party! They also have recipe for strawberry daquiri and pina colada cupcakes! yummmmeeee!



Cola Cupcakes! Because the boy bought me the book, I let him choose what I'll make first. He chose these! Its a cupcake combination I'd NEVER have thought of, so i'm interested to see how these turn out!


Thats all in the way of pictures but some other yummy recipes I hope to try soon are....

Pea, Ham and Feta Cheese Muffins
Lemonade Cupcakes
Lemon and Poppy Seed Loaf
Custard and Cinnamon Tart
Butterscotch Marshmallow Bars
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
Chilli, Cheese and Sweetcorn Muffins.

These are my favourties, but to be honest, EVERY recipe looks amazing!

And yes, I am supposed to be on a diet. Whoops!

Jilly xox

2 comments:

  1. If I got that book, I would also need a treadmill! Looks lovely :)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wouldn't know whether to eat it or take a picture of it. picture first then eat?

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -