Hidden Glastonbury...

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Decided I would like to share with you the first few pages of my Twisto Circle Journal, which is (of course) based on Glastonbury. For those who might not know what i'm on about...

Glastonbury - Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts. A massive music festival that takes place at the end of June every year.

Twisto -  a group of Twitter people who attend Glastonbury. We chat about the line up, Glasto news, and lots of other nonsensical ramblings in the run up to Glasto, and then have a meet up while at the festival.

Circle Journal - A journal based round a certain theme, which gets passed round a group of people, and each person completes an entry, before passing onto the next participant, then finally makes it way back to the owner.

Hidden Glastonbury - I decided on this theme, basically, because Glastonbury is SO SO huge, and theres SO many things to see that may get missed. The main stages where all the big acts such as Bruce Sprinsteen, U2, Muse etc play are the bits that get the most coverage from the TV cameras, and obviously really draw the crowds in. BUT, away from the main stages, there's lots of little hidden delights, in the form of bars, random activities going on, as well as just nice placess to relax and take in your surroundings! I've only been to Glastonbury twice, so I'm a bit of a newbie, and I wanted the other girls in the circle to share with me their favourite things to see or do (or eat!) at Glastonbury, away from the main stages.

Here's a few pics to illustrate just how big Glastonbury is. Crazy big! Can you spot your tent? no really, I can see mine!



I love this last picture! I love this time of night at Glastonbury when the suns just gone down, and theres an excited atmosphere about the headliners, or all night dancing, or chilling at the Stone Circle watching the stars and listening to people strumming guitars or drumming around campfires. Oh i'm so excited!


Anyway, enough of my blethering, onto the journal.

My cover -



My intro pages .... sorry about the big shadow of my head on the picture!


My main page. I dont like the title on this, I'm going to redo it when it gets back to in me in 5 months or whenever it will be!


I just HAD to feature food somewhere, as the food at Glasto is just amazing!


There's also a sign in page at the back, that I forgot to take pictures of before it left, but its not too exciting anyway! I cant wait to get it back to see the contributions from the other girls!

Have you been to Glastonbury? Please comment and tell me of any hidden Glastonbury must-sees that you know of! This year might be my last for a while (i'm going to be at uni/teaching, and it falls in term time sadly), so I want to see as much as I can this year!!

Thanks for popping by!

Jilly xox

4 comments:

  1. Cool pics! Never been to Galstonbury but I want to go one year and try the experience! Have a nice day! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent far too long trying to locate my tent! I can't even find the Stone Circle on there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm going to glastonbury for the first time this year and i'm so excited. i love festivals so much and can't believe i've never been to glastonbury yet. this has just got me so excited for summer! such an amazing post x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, via twitter, via a twisto chat ;) but love this journal.
    I am def going to take note of those foodie ideas -
    The food is amazing - I discovered Falafal for the first time last year in the green fields and it now one of my favourite things. Can't wait to eat my way through glasto! x

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -