Project Life - My first layouts!

Monday 30 March 2015

Evening lovelies!

So it's been a week since I've posted, and a hectic week at that! I've had 2 parent's nights (as teacher not parent!), 2 inductions at the gym and various social engagements, as well as trying to get organised for our holiday on Friday (eeek!!). But I refuse to get out of the habit of posting regularly, so I've ditched my holiday packing for now to get a wee post up. I've had this post in mind for a wee while now but I needed to wait for some decent light to get some photo's taken.

If you haven't heard of Project Life, a quick search on google or Pinterest will give you loads of eye candy, but in summary it's a method of scrapbooking and memory keeping using a pocket system with pocket pages and mini cards to insert journaling or photographs. The best thing about it is that layouts can be as simple or as embellished as you like but both styles look great, and so you can pull pages together really quickly.

I first decided to buy some project life materials in America on holiday last year, where I bought the small chevron album you see above. This is a 6x8 album, and I bought some 6x8 journaling cards to go with it. In hindsight I don't think these were really necessary for what I plan to do, I just wasn't really sure what I needed!

I also bought a Seasons Mini Kit, which as you can probably guess has lots of season themed cards.

Later at home, Robert bought me some more Project Life bits, including the Blush kit, and I bought the Blush binder to go with it.

You can probably guess by the pictures what kind of colour schemes appeal to me!

I have 2 separate plans for my Project Life binders - the big one is going to be our Honeymoon album, and the small one is my 2015 album where I'll be recording our day to day memories and events throughout the year.

So without waffling on any further, here are my first pages in both the albums.

Disneymoon Day 1

2015 album cover page

Goals for 2015

I was pretty chuffed with my first pages, and also impressed with how easy it was to put the layouts together, particularly the pocket pages. I've been pretty bogged down with work, illness and life in general recently so I haven't got past the first couple of pages in each album but after my holiday I'm going to really try to get some more pages completed each week so that I don't fall miles behind on my 2015 album.

Do you do project life? What kits are your favourites? Do you go for the simple or embellished styles? One of my favourite things to browse online is other people's layouts so if you have a blog or other place where you share your Project Life pages please link me up!

Thanks for reading!

Jilly xox

 

4 comments:

  1. love this! really cute and really fabulous!!
    ellen xx

    ellenelizabethxo.blogspot.co.uk (new blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Look so pretty too :)
    I would love to do something similar, but in reality, I know it would end up in a cupboard somewhere as I wouldn't have the time to do it :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of project life they look amazing! I'm constantly starting scrapbooks and forget about them though but I'd love to actually stick with one!
    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete

- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -